Has Obama’s Watergate Begun? Rep. Trey Gowdy to head the House Select Committee on Benghazi

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) (Bill O’Leary, Wash.Post)

House Speaker John Boehner finally found some backbone, although we sure had to wait awhile for him to find it. His appointment of Rep. Trey Gowdy to lead the House Select Committee investigating what really happened at Benghazi may go down as the finest decision of his political career, because he’s not had too many bright spots in my opinion. Gowdy’s Committee Chair appointment brings to mind that Churchillian quote, “it is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.”

For those Administration officials, who have prevaricated and obfuscated the truth these many months, they have been put on notice. Gowdy, a former federal prosecutor, won’t hesitate to take on the prima donnas, by asking the tough questions or using that subpoena. And he looks like a man with a mission. A mission that may finally bring closure for the families of those who gave their lives at the US consulate on 9/11/2012, as well as for our military service members who can’t help but wonder if they, too, would be left to die.

After the disclosure of the email from Ben Rhodes last week, which brought Benghazi back to the forefront, Charles Krauthammer noted that the email was the equivalent of the Nixon tapes, while Carl Bernstein who didn’t quite go that far in comparison, still said, “it is a story.” We’re in the Krauthammer camp. And the unraveling is just beginning. Before Benghazi-gate is over, we may just find out who gave the order to the military to “stand down” and where President Obama was during the attack. Was he crassly dialing for dollars from his fat-cat donors? Or did he have BFF Valerie Jarrett hang a “do not disturb” sign on his door because he could not be bothered by mundane military matters. Or, was he even in the White House at all that evening? “Enquiring minds want to know.”

Perhaps the White House was caught off guard with the release of that particular email, as it appeared they might have been with that pathetic attempt at damage control by former Obama Administration Spokesperson, Tommy “the Dude” Vietor while being interviewed on Bret Baier’s “Special Report”. Considering our present foreign policy children’s team, it’s a miracle we haven’t had other Benghazis.

We’re predicting that this will be the first of many yet to come “hot seat” moments for the Administration. With the President’s approval rating on foreign policy tanking at a -52% average disapproval, more Benghazi revelations brought about by a bulldog prosecutor, will just pile on for the upcoming mid-term elections, and perhaps set the stage for a potential Hillary Clinton “I will not to run for President of the United States” decision. That alone will ensure Gowdy’s star power.

10 Comments

1. latest

May 26, 2014

What’s up, I check your new stuff regularly. Your
    writing style is witty, keep it up!

2. dog training classes

May 14, 2014

We stumbled over here coming from a different page and thought I might check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward to checking out your web page yet again.

• politicalwoman

May 14, 2014

Thank you for visiting and your comments. Clearly we have something in common considering I have four pups, two of whom are my girls, Olympia and Czarina, my GSDs, my Boston Terrier, Spunky, (lives up to his name) and my recently added Lab, Noel. I’ll definitely be writing more now that my day job isn’t interfering as much with my dream job. Thx for visiting.

3. Hello excellent website! Does running a blog similar to this take a massive amount work? I’ve very little knowledge of computer programming but I had been hoping to start my own blog in the near future. Anyways, should you have any recommendations or techniques for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off topic but I just wanted to ask. Thanks a lot!

• politicalwoman

May 14, 2014

Thank you for visiting. Oh my goodness, the amount of work doesn’t pertain to the actual website functionality itself, but in finding the content that interests me and my perspective, and hopefully my readers/visitors. I’ve followed several blogs that began as a one person blog, and then engaged additional writers. Content is king, as is time to write. Too often my day job interferes with my dream job. I just decided to start, made the investment in getting my site done professionally, and hopefully, one day, I’m another Arianna Huffington :-).

4. jewelry stores

May 14, 2014

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point. You obviously know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your site when you could be giving us something informative to read?

• politicalwoman

May 14, 2014

Thank you for your comments; I agree with you. I dashed that post out, but my day job interferes with my dream job. I appreciate your visiting, and I’ve just re-posted/updated my latest, “Becoming a nation of cowards?”

5. cat training tips

May 12, 2014

Hi, constantly i used to check weblog posts here early in the morning, for the reason that i enjoy to find out more and more.

6. Excellent post. I used to be checking continuously this blog and I’m inspired! Extremely helpful info specially the closing section 🙂 I take care of such information a lot. I used to be seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and good luck.

7. Steve Wilczynski

May 5, 2014

To answer your musical question – no.