Morning Coffee Klatch – Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Morning. Today’s features include crony capitalism and the US Air Force, the CBO and Obamacare, Liz Warren, our favorite non-Cherokee Cherokee, Italy in the spotlight over finances, Scott Walker’s advice for Romney, and David “the Axe” Axelrod whining.
- From the well isn’t this nice folder, Crony Capitalism and Obama’s Big New National Defense Idea, the US Air Force spends $59/gallon for bio-fuel at a cost $639,000 while gas is $3.60/gallon. Where did they get this bio-fuel, why from none other than a company who has an Obama campaign supporter as one of the owners. (h/t Power Line)
- Could Obamacare make the Uninsured Problem Worse? IBD reporter, John Merline, write that a recent Congressional Budget Office report states that despite Obamacare’s $1.2 trillion price tag and pledge of universal coverage, “it would only cut the ranks of the uninsured in half, leaving 30 million without coverage. That’s seven million more uninsured than the CBO first projected in March 2010.” Read the full article, it only gets worse. My not so humble opinion, repeal and replace.
- Our favorite non-Cherokee Cherokee, Liz Warren, is coming under increasing pressure from Twyla Barnes, a genuine descendant and member of the Cherokee nation, to come clean that she’s not a native American, not even a smidgen. But the farce and snarkiness continues. From LegalInsurrection.com, Cherokees Demand Truth: Elizabeth Warren must “pay it forward” by admitting she is not one of them
- If you’ve ever visited Italy, and enjoyed Naples, Palermo, etc. the Euro crisis is taking its toll. Ten Italian Cities at risk of bankruptcy, schools may not open
- Scott Walker has some advice for Romney — it’s not just a referendum on Obama. Romney is a likable guy, and he needs to get out there and talk to people. More town hall settings, more one on one. Yuppers, been saying that well, but will Romney listen.
- It’s David Axelrod’s turn to whine. From Real Clear Politics, Axelrod: People think Obama’s Running a Negative Campaign because of Romney’s Ads. Couldn’t have anything to do with the fact that people think that way because it’s so, could it.