Morning Musings for Monday, April 2, 2012
Snippets, tidbits and commentary on issues and current events I couldn’t pass up.
- While many Americans are fixated on jobs and the economy, our foreign policy is taking a hit on several fronts: Top Obama aides hit back at Romney over Russia. Love Joe Biden’s comments on “Face the Nation”: “He acts like he thinks the Cold War is still on, Russia is still our major adversary. I don’t know where he has been.” Joe, you only recognize adversaries if you read about them in the New York Times.
- Obama and the Eisenhower Standard, an excellent opinion piece in The Wall Street Journal, which further illustrates President Obama’s crippling foreign policy.
- When reading the article, let me know if you see any corollaries between the Argentinian largesse, a.k.a., fairness, the stagnant entrepreneurial class, government regulation, etc. and our present predicament here at home.
- There is a significant number of conservatives in the American landscape who plan to hold their collective nose when it comes to voting for Romney. IMHO, they couldn’t be more wrong. The moment I saw Ann Romney speak before a crowd on one of the primary victory nights, I thought, why can’t her husband connect with people like she does.
- If you’re wondering, like I have for several months now, why we have this “who is the true conservative” battle that’s been raging within the Republican ranks, this article, The Nature of the Conservative Divide, makes a pretty good stab at explaining it.
Enjoy your coffee; have a good week.