Morning Musings for Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Snippets, tidbits and commentary on issues and current events I couldn’t pass up.
- So what’s really behind the President’s comment, “After my election, I have more flexibility.” We have to go back to the time when the President was a college student railing against Reagan’s “star wars.” ”Obama’s Useful Idiocy: A Look Back“, the article’s title based off of Mona Charen’s book, Useful Idiots: How Liberals Got It Wrong in the Cold War and Still Blame America First.
- New York Times outburst aside, will the real Rick Santorum please stand up? ”He’s the worst candidate to go against Barack Obama on the most important issue of the day,” Santorum said Monday, highlighting the Massachusetts health care law Romney signed in 2006. It requires all Massachusetts residents to purchase insurance, the same “individual mandate” in question in Obama’s law. Asked in a separate interview if he’d consider serving as vice presidential under Romney, he said, “Of course.”
- Deja vu time, as in Jimmy Carter. Fast forward 32 years. See any difference between our man Jimmy, and our man, Barack.
- The Trayvon Martin investigation continues, but sometimes to get both sides of the story, you have to go across the pond.
- When the Huffington Post‘s Op-ed piece raises questions about the legitimacy of the Obamacare individual mandate…this is equivalent to “the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal.” –Barack Obama
Enjoy your coffee.