Morning Musings for Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Snippet, tidbits and fast commentary on issues and current event that are too good for me to pass up.
- Well, Eric Cantor is either shrewd and prescient, or he really lucked out. Kinzinger over Manzullo.
- The Chicago Sun-Times, well-known for its leanings toward the big “D”, got it right, Illinois is the GOP’s moderate “firewall“.
- This type of RedState commentary makes me nuts, and in my opinion, is the part of the root cause of some of Romney’s problems. Yes, Romney, himself, has made some gaffes and I call him roboRom, but there are others who have undermined him as a candidate in a consistent way. More on this in a later posting today.
- According to an opinion piece by Media Matters in this morning’s Politico, Fleeing advertisers doom Rush Limbaugh’s business model. I think the following quote is applicable to all parties, “I do not agree with what you say, but I’ll defend to the death your right to say it.” – Voltaire. A major influence on the Founding Fathers and the First Amendment.
- Tell me I don’t get it, that’s okay. State Department exempts 11 countries from Iran sanctions. They’re weaning themselves off Iranian crude, and therefore will not be penalized for doing business with Iran’s central bank, which basically means the business doors are wide open. Remind me again, the point of sanctions against Iran is?